Student Reviewer program at Lakewood 2012-13
Student Reviewer Program at Lakewood: Submit a review and get to see your next show for free
Student get to see a Lakewood show at a discount and as a bonus, if they send a review back to the theatre, they get a pass to a future show in the season.
STUDENT REVIEWER PROGRAM 2012-13
Participate in our Student Reviewer Program!
Qualify for special ticket pricing and get rewarded for your attendance!
Are you eligible?
This year the Student Reviewer Program includes College, High School and Junior High School students. We encourage all students to participate.
- Junior High & High School Students - School assignments (required, extra credit, or extracurricular) qualify for the Student Reviewer Program. Ask your teachers about the possibility of writing a theatre review for extra credit!
- College Students – Disciplines include Performing Arts, Dance, English, Journalism, History or Music. School assignments (required or extra credit) can qualify as well as personal study of the performing arts.
What’s in it for you?
- Deals: You get to see a great show at a great price - only $15! (Regular tickets can cost up to $35)
- Rewards: Send us your review and we’ll send you a free pass to any show in our current season. And if you review that bonus show, we’ll send you another free pass. And if you review that show… well, you get the idea. (No limit as long as you keep on writing!)
How do I join the Student Reviewer program?
- Call the Lakewood Theatre Box Office, 503-635-3901, to make arrangements for your Student Reviewer tickets. (Please note – this offer is only valid by phone reservation!)
- Attend a show and write a review of the performance for your class.
- Send us a copy of your Student Review. Include the name of your school, teacher, your mailing address and the date of the performance attended.
Mail: Attn: Student Reviewer Program
368 St. State Street
Lake Oswego, OR 97034
Subject line: Student Reviewer Program - Submission
What should you write about?
Theatre reflects and affects life. What does this play or musical say about life? Use this opportunity to engage critically on the performance from your perspective. Consider both the technical and creative elements of the show (staging, costumes, lights, actors, musicians, dancers, directors). Be analytical and focus clearly expressing your thoughts.
For a list of upcoming shows, click here.
Performances at Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S. State Street, Lake Oswego.