CALL TO ARTISTS
Exhibit Title: Artist's Juried "Tiny Vision"
Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts - 51st Anniversary
Lake Oswego, Oregon
Show Dates: June 20, 21, & 22, 2014
Location: Lakewood Center for the Arts (Google Map Location)
Application Deadline: March 7, 2014, 5:00 PM PST
Vincent Van Gogh said, 'Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.' This year’s Artist's Vision juried show is called, Tiny Vision. We want to bring together the best small artwork and create a great thing.
TINY - ADJECTIVE
1. very small.
synonyms: minute, minuscule, microscopic, nanoscale, infinitesimal, very small, little, mini, diminutive, miniature, scaled down, baby, toy, dwarf, pygmy, peewee.
VISION - NOUN
1.the faculty or state of being able to see
synonyms: eyesight, sight, observation, (visual) perception.
The Artist's Vision show is looking for your Tiny Vision. The Artist’s Vision Juried Show, now in its 15th year at the Festival of the Arts, has become a popular venue for both emerging and established 2D and 3D artists. We invite you to apply to the 2014 show with your original work. Online applications must be submitted by 5:00 PM PST, March 7, 2014.
The Call, in a nutshell….
1. Artwork, any subject matter, maximum of 18”in any direction. Think small, intimate work, teeny tiny art.
2. Willingness to sell work for $1,000 or less. (All artwork must be for sale.)
3. Artists receive 60% of sales; LOFA gets 40% to continue offering amazing programs for artists!
4. $35.00 entry. If your work is not selected for the Artists Vision Show – Tiny Vision, you can apply your fee to enter your work into the Open Show.
2013 – 2014 Calendar:
- Application available - November 4, 2013
- Deadline for entries - March 7, 2014
- Notification - April 4, 2014
- Delivery of accepted art - June 15, 2014 1:00 – 4:00 pm
- Event Hours – June 20 and 21: 10:00 – 9:00, June 22: 10:00 – 6:00
- Pick up of unsold art: June 22, 6:30-7:30 pm & June 23, 10:00 am-1:00 pm
- Open to all 2-D and 3-D Northwest established and emerging artists.
- Up to three (3) original 2D or 3D works executed in any medium, no larger than 18” in any direction, think small, intimate work, teeny tiny art.
- We are looking for work that has been completed within the last three (3) years and will available for sale.
- No work created from imagery of another artist, photographer or any copyrighted work is eligible.
- 2D & 3D works are limited to a maximum of 18” in any direction, they can be as small as you can create and present (including mat and frame.)
- 3D works are limited to 50 lbs. and a maximum of 18” in any direction.
- All work should be framed. Natural or black frames only.
- $35 nonrefundable fee for up to 3 entries. Artists not accepted for inclusion may apply the fee to the Open Show entry.
- All artwork must be for sale. We are asking all participating artists to be willing to sell their work for $1,000 or less. Did you know that the profits made from the sales at the Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts (LOFA) are put right back into the Festival? One of our goals is to raise as much money as possible for the organization. To that end we are asking the artists to be willing to sell their work for $1,000 or less. The price shall be at the discretion of the artist, subject to possible review by the curators. A 40 percent commission from all sales is retained by the Festival. Prices assigned by the artist shall include the Festival commission. Commission proceeds benefit the Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts, a nonprofit organization.
Jury Process and Criteria:
- Applications will be reviewed by a jury comprised of selected individuals from varied backgrounds who embrace the philosophy and goals of the Festival of the Arts. Artists for the Artist’s Vision Juried Show will be selected based on originality, personal voice and technical skill.
- The Festival of the Arts uses an online application system called EntryThingy. Application can be found at www.lakewood-center.org . You will be asked to submit the following on EntryThingy:
• A completed entry form including a Statement Specific to Entry, which is a short statement describing the
materials/process and inspiration used in the design and execution of the artwork. We find that our patrons are particularly interested in stories about the artist and specific stories about the art work. 75-word maximum.
• Up to Three (3) digital images of your artwork. Images submitted must accurately represent original
artwork to be exhibited (see image format on Entry Thingy)
Payment for Application:
- Either Paypal or check payable to Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts to be sent to:
2014 Artist’s Vision, Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts, PO Box 385, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
Shannon McBride, Curator, Artist’s Vision Juried Show
Phone: 503-636-1060 Email:
Street address: Lakewood Center for the Arts,
368 S. State Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
Mailing address: Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts,
PO Box 385, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
The Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts is an arts education event of Lakewood Center for the Arts
Online applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm, March 7, 2014
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Mission statement: The Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts’ primary goal is to educate by promoting, supporting, coordinating and exhibiting the arts of the region.
The Festival of the Arts is Lake Oswego’s premier art event of the year. It draws 25,000 attendees over the three days in two venues. The Lakewood Center for the Arts features the Artist’s Vision, the Special Exhibit, the Visual Arts Chronicle, the Open Show, and educational exhibits. Art in the Park (formerly the Fine Arts Craft Faire) entertainment, food, beer and wine tent are located at George Rogers Park.
The Festival, which was cited as one of Sunset Magazine’s “Top Ten Events in Portland,” is promoted through advertisements in regional and local newspapers, calendar listings in national and regional publications, TV spots, public service announcements on local AM and FM radio stations, our website, and full color program. The Festival has been featured on AM Northwest and KATU. Additional publicity is channeled through the Oregon Tourism Council, the local Concierge Association, Facebook, and Twitter. Our media sponsors have included KINK 101.9 FM, KATU, CNI, and KEX 1190 AM, and the Oregonian.
The Festival, an arts education event of Lakewood Theatre Company/Lakewood Center for the Arts, a 501 (c)(3) non-profit arts organization, is committed to arts education, performance and exhibition. Contributions to the Festival are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Our tax ID number is 93-0700108.
CLICK HERE to download a PDF copy of the 2014 Artist's Vision Call to Artists
Apply online for the 2014 Artist's Juried "Tiny Vision" using the EntryThingy application
Other 2014 Festival Links