March 14, 2020
Dear Lakewood Patrons, Artists & Friends:
The COVID-19 event is on all our minds.
The health and wellness of our community is paramount to us and we thank you for being with us as we confront and adapt to rapidly changing circumstances with great consideration.
After meeting with our senior staff and executive board, Lakewood has decided to suspend the March 19-29 performances of our current production of The Odd Couple until April 2.
Performances from March 19-29 will be rescheduled.
We are reaching out to you our affected patrons with options to
- reschedule for a later performance (with NO exchange or upgrade fees)
- donate the tickets to Lakewood (tax-deductible), or
- receive a voucher good for a future 2020 production.
We have also suspended ticket sales for the current show at this time as we work with current ticket holders to rescheduled performances that are canceled.
If you have tickets for The Odd Couple performance on or after April 2 and would like to exchange (ALL exchange fees will be waived), you may submit a ticket exchange request here. Or paste this link into your browser:
If you are unable or choose not to attend, please consider donating your tickets back to the theatre. As you can imagine, it is extremely difficult to cancel performances. Your support doing this time of uncertainty allows organizations like ours to remain a vibrant part of our community.
We have added performance dates to help with your scheduling:
Tuesday, April 7 at 7:30 pm
Wednesday, April 8 at 7:30 pm
Saturday, April 11 at 2:00 pm
Please note that our response to your email request may be delayed due to volume but we will respond to all requests. We ask for your patience and support during this incredibly difficult time as we navigate these challenges. We are grateful for your help.
Also, if you were planning on purchasing a ticket to The Odd Couple, but are now perhaps reconsidering, please consider making a charitable donation in lieu of a ticket purchase at this link:
Your invaluable support during this time of uncertainty allows organizations like ours to remain a vibrant part of our community.
In the meantime, at Lakewood we are taking the following actions:
- Future performances of all our shows have been limited in audience size in compliance with Governor Brown’s ban on gatherings of 250+.
- We are increasing our cleaning of high-traffic areas in the theatre, including disinfecting high-touch surfaces such as hand rails, seat arm rests, door handles, and bathrooms before every performance.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the lobby.
- Staff and volunteers are instructed to stay home if they are feeling unwell or have been exposed to the virus.
Additionally, we are encouraging the following transmission prevention measures for patrons, staff, and volunteers:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. Dry with paper towels.
- Apply hand sanitizer as appropriate. (We will have hand sanitizer placed around the venue.)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home if you’re feeling unwell, have a sick family member in your household, feel you are at elevated risk, or have been exposed to the virus.
We will continue to monitor evolving conditions and follow guidance from officials.
Any changes to our plans will be communicated on our website here, via email, or on our Facebook page. Thank you for your patience and support as we respond during these uncertain times.
Above all, please take care of yourselves and others. We look forward to fulfilling our mission of honoring and uplifting our community through eclectic performances again soon. Thank you for your support, patience, and understanding during this challenging time.
We hope to see you soon!