Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts
Call to Artists:
2012 Artists Vision Show
ARTIST'S VISION 2012 entery application due March 2, 2012
Event date: June 22, 23 & 24, 2012. Click here for Google Map Directions
at Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S. State Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
The Artist’s Vision Juried Show, now in its 13th year at the Festival of the Arts, has become a popular venue for both emerging and established 2-D and 3-D artists. We invite you to apply to the 2012 show with your original work. Online applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm, March 2, 2012.
- An entry form/contract is available online at the above link.
- Opent o all 2-D and 3-D Northwest established and emerging artists.
- Entry Fee: $20 nonrefundable fee for up to 3 entries. Artists not accepted for inclusion may apply the fee to the Open Show entry.
- Show dates: June 22, 23 & 24, 2012.
- All work must be for sale.
- A 40% commission will be taken on all sales.
- Works Eligible: Up to three (3) original 2-D or 3-D works executed in any medium suitable to the fine arts that are the original creations of the artist. Work must have been completed within the last three (3) years and be available for sale. No work created from imagery of another artist, photographer or any copyrighted work is eligible.
- 2-D works are limited to 60” in any direction and no smaller than 10” x 12” (including mat and frame.) 3-D works are limited to 75 lbs. and a maximum of 60” in any direction.Please note: NO mechanical prints or giclees accepted.
- All entries must be dry, framed, matted and mounted, hung with PICTURE HANGING WIRE. All glass must be properly secured. (No Uniframes, zigger type or rings, garden wire or string). Framing: All framed work over 24” x 30” requiring glazing must have plexiglass in place of glass. All matting must have a minimum of 2.5” surrounding artwork and must be neutral in color. Colored liners okay.
- Hanging will be arranged at the discretion of the curator.
- All work must hang for the duration of the Festival until 6:30 PM, June 24, 2012
- Artists must supply security cases for small objects.
- All art must be picked up Sunday, June 24, 2012, between the hours of 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM.
- No work will be released without artist’s claim check.
- November 14, 2011 – Application available
- March 2, 2012 – Deadline for entries
- March 30, 2012 – Notification
- June 17, 2012 1:00 – 4:00 pm – Delivery of accepted art
- June 22, 23, 24, 2012 – Event dates
- June 24, 6:30-7:30 pm – Pick up of unsold art
- Juror’s Choice - cash, ribbon
- Blue Ribbon - cash, ribbon
- Honorable Mention(s) – ribbon(s)
The jurors for 2012 are:
- Arthur DeBow, Exhibitions Director and Alumni Affairs, Oregon College of Art and Craft
- Jan Sonniksen, retired art educator and active artist
- Becky Haas, Director of Admissions – Graduate School Lewis & Clark College (former Director of Admissions PNCA)
Application ProcessFor the 2012 Artist’s Vision we have an online application system called EntryThingy. You will be asked to submit the following on Entry Thingy for the Artist’s Vision Juried Show.
- A completed entry form including a Statement Specific to Entry, which is a short statement describing the materials/process and inspiration used in the design and execution of the artwork. 75-word maximum.
- Up to Three (3) digital images of your artwork. Images submitted must accurately represent original artwork to be exhibited. (see image format below)
- A $20.00 non-refundable entry fee.
- Baseline Standard JPEG
- 1920 pixels on the longest side
- File size no larger than 2.0 MB
- Save images in an RGB color space, preferably sRGB
For help formatting your images, CLICK HERE
go to Larry Berman's JURY IMAGES website. There is no charge for this
NOTE: ZAPP® - formatted images will be accepted by EntryThingy.
Shannon McBride, Curator, Artist’s Vision Juried Show
Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts, PO Box 385, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Mission statement: The Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts’ primary goal is to educate by promoting, supporting, coordinating and exhibiting the arts of the region.
The Festival of the Arts, celebrating its 49th year, is a major regional non-profit arts event, presenting the creative endeavors of recognized and emerging artists from all facets of the art world. The Festival enjoys an outstanding reputation for bringing special exhibits of quality and diversity to the weekend that are accessible to everyone. Documented numbers show that the Festival attracts 25,000 visitors during the three days of the event. The Festival provides three major exhibition opportunities for artists during the event: The Open Show (an unjuried exhibition open to Northwest artists), The Artist’s Vision (a juried exhibit open to Northwest artists) and the Fine Arts Craft Faire (open to artisans and exhibitors of fine craft work throughout the U.S.).
The Festival, a sub division of Lakewood Theatre Company/Lakewood Center for the Arts, a 501 (c)(3) non-profit arts organization, is committed to arts education, performance and exhibition. Contributions to the Festival are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Our tax ID number is 93-0700108.
Click here for info on the Artist Call for other exhibits at the 2012 Festival