Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts
Call to Artists:
2013 Artists Vision - 50 Squared
ARTIST'S VISION 2013 entery application due March 8, 2013
Event date: June 21, 22 & 23, 2013. Click here for Google Map Directions
at Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S. State Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
The Artist’s Vision Juried Show, now in its 14th year at the Festival of the Arts, has become a popular venue for both emerging and established 2-D and 3-D artists. We invite you to apply to the 2013 show with your original work. Online applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm, March 8, 2013.
In honor of the 50th Anniversary, the Artist’s Vision Juried Show will have a special twist! We are looking for art that is created on 24” x 24” panels. Our hope is to have, 50 (anniversary year number), 24” x 24” panels (squares) in the show this year. The special anniversary Artist’s Vision Show name will be, 50 Squared.
Did you know that the profits made from the sales at the Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts (LOFA) are put right back into the Festival? One of our goals this 50th Anniversary year is to raise as much money as possible for the organization. To that end we are asking the artists to be willing to sell their work for $1,000 or less.
So here’s The Call, in a nutshell….
1. Artwork, any subject matter, 24” x 24” panels.
2. Willingness to sell work for $1,000 or less. (All artwork must be for sale.)
3. No frames necessary just paint the edges or leave them raw wood. Please prepare work to be hung with eye screws and wire on the back.
4. Artists receive 60% of sales; LOFA gets 40% to continue offering amazing programs for artists!
5. $30.00 entry fee. If your work is not selected for the Artists Vision Show – 50 Squared, you can apply your fee to enter your work into the Open Show.
Online applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm, March 8, 2013
2012 – 2013 Calendar:
- November 12, 2012 – Application available online
- March 8, 2013, 5:00 PM – Deadline for entries
- Week of March 22, 2013 – Notification and contracts mailed
- April 8, 2013 – Contracts returned
- June 16th, 2013 1:00 – 4:00 pm – Delivery of accepted art
- June 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 2013– Event dates
- June 21, 2013 6:00 pm – Artists Reception
- June 23, 6:30-7:30 pm – Pick up of unsold art
- Open to all 2-D and 3-D Northwest established and emerging artists.
Entry Fee: $30 nonrefundable fee for up to 3 entries.
- Artists not accepted for inclusion may apply the fee to the Open Show for up to 3 entries.
- Up to three (3) original, 24” x 24”cradled panels, 2-D or 3-D works executed in any medium suitable to the fine arts that are the original creations of the artist. 3-D artist, this is your opportunity to think, “out of the box,” use that 24” x 24” panel anyway you can think of.
- Work must have been completed within the last three (3) years and be available for sale.
- No work created from imagery of another artist, photographer or any copyrighted work is eligible.
24” x 24” cradled panels:
- May we suggest that you support a local company that makes cradled panels? American Easel is a company based in Salem. You can order panels online at http://americaneasel.com/
- You can also pick up American Easel panels at Blick Art Materials. Artists are not required to use American Easel panels, you can use any type of 24” x 24” panels, you can even make your own panels!
- No framing this year, as all works will be created on 24” x 24” cradled panels.
- Please treat the edges with black/white paint or leave them the natural wood color.
- Please prepare work to be hung with eye screws and wire on the back.
- In honor of the 50th Anniversary of the Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts, we are asking all participating artists to be willing to sell their work for $1,000 or less. All profits benefit the Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts, a nonprofit organization. A 40% commission will be retained from all sales. All artwork must be for sale.
- Cash and ribbons will be awarded.
Jury Process and Criteria:
- Applications will be reviewed by a jury comprised of selected individuals from varied backgrounds who embrace the philosophy and goals of the Festival of the Arts. Artists for the Artist’s Vision Juried Show will be selected based on originality, personal voice and technical skill.
- For the 2013 Artist’s Vision we have an online application system called EntryThingy. Application can be found at www.lakewood-center.org . You will be asked to submit the following on EntryThingy for the Artist’s Vision Juried Show:
- A completed entry form including a Statement Specific to Entry, which is a short statement describing the materials/process and inspiration used in the design and execution of the artwork. We find that our patrons are particularly interested in stories about the artist. 75-word maximum.
- Up to Three (3) digital images of your artwork. Images submitted must accurately represent original artwork to be exhibited (see image format below).
- A $30.00 non-refundable entry fee.
- Baseline Standard JPEG
- 1920 pixels on the shortest side
- File size no larger than 2.0 MB
- Save images in an RGB color space, preferably sRGB
- For help formatting your images, CLICK HERE go to Larry Berman's JURY IMAGES website. There is no charge for this service. NOTE: ZAPP® - formatted images will be accepted by EntryThingy.
Shannon McBride, Curator, Artist’s Vision Juried Show
Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts, PO Box 385, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
Online applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm, March 8, 2013
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Mission statement: The Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts’ primary goal is to educate by promoting, supporting, coordinating and exhibiting the arts of the region.
The Festival of the Arts is Lake Oswego’s premier art event of the year. It draws 25,000 attendees over the three days in two venues. The Lakewood Center for the Arts features the Artist’s Vision, the Special Exhibit, the Visual Arts Chronicle, the Open Show, and educational exhibits. Art in the Park (formerly the Fine Arts Craft Faire) entertainment, food, beer and wine tent are located at George Rogers Park.
The Festival, which was cited as one of Sunset Magazine’s “Top Ten Events in Portland,” is promoted through advertisements in regional and local newspapers, calendar listings in national and regional publications, TV spots, public service announcements on local AM and FM radio stations, our website, and full color program. The Festival has been featured on AM Northwest and KATU. Additional publicity is channeled through the Oregon Tourism Council, the local Concierge Association, Facebook, and Twitter. Our media sponsors have included KINK 101.9 FM, KATU, CNI, and KEX 1190 AM, and the Oregonian.
The Festival, a sub division of Lakewood Theatre Company/Lakewood Center for the Arts, a 501 (c)(3) non-profit arts organization, is committed to arts education, performance and exhibition. Contributions to the Festival are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Our tax ID number is 93-0700108.
CLICK HERE to download a PDF copy of the 2013 prospectus
Apply online for the 2013 Artist's Vision - 50 Squared using the EntryThingy application
Other 2013 Festival Links