Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts
Call to Artists:
2014 Open Show
Open Show registration and drop off of work is one day only: Sunday June 15, 2014 from 1:00 - 4:00 PM.
at Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S. State Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
Event date: June 20, 21 & 22, 2014. Click here for Google Map Directions
TO DOWNLOAD THE REGISTRATION FORM - 2014 OPEN SHOW:
click here for the 2014 Open Show contract/registration form
Click here for FAQ sheet and Rules of Participation for the Open Show
The Open Show is one of the largest shows of its kind in the Pacific Northwest. The show displays work from emerging and professional artists. Everyone is welcome without a jury process. A limited number of cash and non-cash awards are presented each year which are sponsored by area businesses, organizations and individuals. Different arts professionals are selected as judges each year. For info on the 2014 judges, please click here.
MESSAGE FROM THE 2014 Curator:
It is with great pride and excitement that I invite you to participate in the 2014 Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts Open Show. The Festival, now in its 51st year, is looking with anticipation to the future. We invite you to join us in creating a memorable and unique experience for our audience. The Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts Open Show is one of the largest non-juried art exhibitions on the West Coast. The Open Show will explore the concept of duality by creating a series of intimate art spaces housed within a large art sanctuary.
The Open Show will create many micro galleries within the Open Show Tent. The curatorial goal will be to create a sense of artistic intimacy while maneuvering through many art objects. Exhibition design is an integral aspect of creating this visual and visceral experience; hence, the Open Show is instituting a new policy that asks artists to submit a maximum of seven works. This change was instituted for a number of reasons, primarily, we want you, the artist, to take an editorial gaze at your work and decide which seven pieces best weave the narrative of your creative process. Thank you.
Beatrice Ogden, Curator, Open Show
Click here for Rules of Participation sheet about the Open Show.
June 15, 2014, 1:00–4:00 PM Registration & artwork drop off. CLICK HERE to download and print copies of the 2014 Open Show Registration and Contract.
June 20, 2014, 10:00 AM–9:00 PM
June 20, 2014, 6:00 PM Artists Reception
June 21, 2014, 10:00 AM–9:00 PM
June 22, 2014, 10:00 AM–6:00 PM
June 22, 2014, 6:30–7:30 PM
June 23, 2014, 11:00 AM–1:00
Eligibility: Open to all artists.
- Only original artwork created within the last two (2) years and not previously entered at this art show will be accepted. Not accepted: mechanical prints or giclées, copies of other artists’ works, or work created in a class.
- Diptychs, triptychs, and/or sets are entered and sold with one price. Some examples: (a) A set of hand-thrown wine glasses would be sold together and entered as one piece with one price. (b) A collection of ceramic fruit could be entered and sold as a set. (c) Two paintings that depict a garden of tomatoes that are to be hung together as a diptych are entered and sold with one price as one entry. Traditional single pieces are always welcome.
- Framing: All entries must be dry, framed, matted and mounted, hung with PICTURE HANGING WIRE. All glass must be properly secured. (No Uniframes, zigger type or rings, garden wire, or string). Your framing will be checked at registration.
Registration Fee: $35.00 for three (3) entries per medium for the run of the show and $10 per piece over three (3) pieces. Limit: seven (7) pieces per artist.
Sales: All artwork must be for sale. The price shall be at the discretion of the artist, subject to possible review by the curators. A 40 percent commission from all sales will be retained by the Festival. Prices assigned by the artist shall include the Festival commission. All proceeds benefit the Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts, a nonprofit organization.
Registration Requirements: Artists are expected to submit the following during registration on June 15, 2014.
- A maximum of seven (7) pieces of artwork, which will be displayed, based on the Curator’s discretion, during the Festival until 6:30 PM on June 22, 2014.
- Three (3) copies of each contract completed online for every piece of artwork being registered. Hard copy forms will also be available on site the day of registration. CLICK HERE to download and print copies of the 2014 Open Show Registration and Contract.
- Registration fees to cover the number of pieces of artwork being submitted.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR REGISTRATION
ON SUNDAY, JUNE 15, 2014 1:00–4:00 PM
Phone: 503.636.1060 Email:
Street address: Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S. State Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
Mailing address: Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts, PO Box 385, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
Click here for FAQ and Participation info sheet about the Open Show
Click here for the 2014 Open Show contract/registration form
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Mission statement: The Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts’ primary goal is to educate by promoting, supporting, coordinating and exhibiting the arts of the region.
The Festival of the Arts is Lake Oswego’s premier art event of the year. It draws 25,000 attendees over the three days in two venues. The Lakewood Center for the Arts features the Artist’s Vision, the Special Exhibit, the Visual Arts Chronicle, the Open Show, and educational exhibits. Art in the Park (formerly the Fine Arts Craft Faire), entertainment, food, beer and wine tent are located at George Rogers Park.
The Festival, which was cited as one of Sunset Magazine’s “Top Ten Events in Portland,” is promoted through advertisements in regional and local newspapers, calendar listings in national and regional publications, TV spots, public service announcements on local AM and FM radio stations, our website, and full color program. The Festival has been featured on AM Northwest and KATU. Additional publicity is channeled through the Oregon Tourism Council, the local Concierge Association, Facebook, and Twitter. Our media sponsors have included KINK 101.9 FM, KATU, Lake Oswego Review, KPAM, and The Oregonian-OregonLive.com.
The Festival, an arts education event of Lakewood Theatre Company/Lakewood Center for the Arts, a 501 (c)(3) non-profit arts organization, is committed to arts education, performance and exhibition. Contributions to the Festival are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Our tax ID number is 93-0700108.
Click here for FAQ sheet and Rules of Participation for the 2014 Open Show
Click here for the 2014 Open Show contract/registration form
Click here to download a complete Open Show Packet (Open Show call to Artist, FAQ sheet, Contract)
Fire & Water: Contrasts in Expression
Other 2014 Festival Links
- Schedule of Events
- Art in the Park 2014
- Music 2014
- Food 2014
- Signature Food Dishes at area Restaurants in honor of the Festival
- Shuttle info 2014
Festival Maps 2014 (Click to Download)
Lake Oswego Rotary Foundation