Call to Artists
Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts - 53rd year
Show Dates: June 24, 25, & 26, 2016
Location: Lakewood Center for the Arts (Location)
Registration: Open Show registration and artwork drop off is one day only: Sunday, June 19, 2016 from 1:00–4:00pm at Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S. State Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034.
View Welcome Artists page
The Open Show is one of the largest shows of its kind in the Pacific Northwest. The show displays work from emerging and established artists. Everyone is welcome without a jury process. Each year, a limited number of cash and non-cash awards are presented, which are sponsored by area businesses, organizations, and individuals. Different arts professionals are selected as jurors each year. For info on the 2016 judges, please click here (beginning in May, 2016).
Welcome to the Open Show at the 53rd Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts. Please join us in creating a memorable and unique art world for Lake Oswego and the surrounding communities. The Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts Open Show is one of the largest non-juried art exhibitions on the West Coast. Though the Open Show is large, we seek to create intimate art moments that celebrate each unique artist’s vision.
This year we will, again, create micro galleries within the Open Show tent that encourage visitors to pause and experience pieces individually. The Curator will carefully consider placement for each artwork so that every artist’s voice can be heard. The Open Show accepts a maximum of seven works per artist; please adopt an editorial gaze of your work and decide which seven pieces are most representative of your creative process. We look forward to seeing you in June. Thank you!
The show is open to all 2D and 3D established and emerging artists.
- Only original artwork created within the last two (2) years and not previously entered at this art show will be accepted.
- Diptychs, triptychs, and/or sets may be entered and sold with one price. Some examples:
- A set of hand-thrown wine glasses may be entered as one piece with one price.
- A collection of ceramic fruit may be entered and sold as a set.
- Two paintings that depict a garden, which are to be hung together as a diptych, may be entered as one piece with one price.
- Traditional single pieces are always welcome.
- Not accepted: mechanical prints, or giclées, or copies of other artists’ works.
- All entries must be dry, framed, matted (or wrapped canvas) and mounted, hung with PICTURE HANGING WIRE. All glass must be properly secured. (No Uniframes, zigger type or rings, garden wire, or string). Your framing will be checked at registration.
|Registration/Art drop off||Sunday, June 19, 2016, 1:00 - 4:00pm|
|Festival hours||Friday & Saturday, June 24 & 25, 2016, 10:00am - 9:00pm
Sunday, June 26, 2016, 10:00am - 5:00pm
|Artists Reception||Friday, June 24, 2016, 6:00pm|
|Artwork pickup||Sunday, June 26, 2016, 5:30 - 7:00pm
Monday, June 27, 2016, 11:00am - 1:00pm
All artwork must be for sale. The price shall be at the discretion of the artist, subject to possible review by the curators. A 40 percent commission from all sales will be retained by the Festival. Prices assigned by the artist shall include the Festival commission. All proceeds benefit the Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts, a nonprofit organization.
Artists are expected to submit the following during registration on June 19, 2016.
- A maximum of seven (7) pieces of artwork, which will be displayed, based on the Curator’s discretion, during the Festival until 5:30pm on June 26, 2016.
- Three (3) copies of the contract completed online for every piece of artwork being registered PLEASE NOTE: Open the attachment in Acrobat Reader or Acrobat to print the form accurately. Printing from some browser screens may cause inaccuracies. Hard copy forms will also be available on site the day of registration. Download the Open Show Contract here. (Remember, open in Acrobat Reader)
- Registration fees to cover the number of pieces of artwork being submitted (seven pieces max).
- Registration Fees: $35.00 covers three (3) entries for the run of the show and $10.00 for each piece over the initial three (3) pieces. Payment by CASH or CHECK only is accepted.
PLEASE NOTE: It is highly recommended that your artwork be transported to registration in a manner that will protect it from the elements. In 2014, there was a major rain event. While we tried to get everyone under cover, many people and some artwork were wet. Protect your work.
Rules of Participation
The Rules of Participation for the Open Show explains just the facts about entering the Open Show.
Curator, Open Show
Phone: 503.636.1060 Email:
Street address: Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S. State Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
Mailing address: Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts, PO Box 385, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
About the Festival of the Arts: The Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts is an arts education event of the Lakewood Center for the Arts, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit arts organization. It is held the weekend after Father's Day each year and attracts 22-25,000 people. Contributions to the Festival are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Our tax ID number is 93-0700108.
Mission Statement: The Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts’ primary goal is to educate by promoting, supporting, coordinating, and exhibiting the arts of the region.
Location/Support: The Festival takes place at the Lakewood Center for the Arts and George Rogers Park, both on State Street in downtown Lake Oswego, Oregon USA. It is sustained by valuable partnerships with the City of Lake Oswego, Clackamas County Tourism and Development Council, the Chamber of Commerce, the Lake Oswego Rotary Club, the Lake Oswego School District, small and large businesses, the "Friends of the Festival," plus more than 500 volunteers who work throughout the year and the weekend to make the Festival the success it is.
Click here for the 2016 Open Show contract
Click here Rules of Participation for the 2016 Open Show
Click here to download a copy of the 2016 Open Show call to Artists
Other 2016 Festival Links