Call to Artists
Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts - 54th year
Show Dates: June 23, 24, & 25, 2017
Location: Lakewood Center for the Arts (Location)
Registration: NEW THIS YEAR! Open Show registration in online this year! Please register all artworks online between June 1st and June 14th by 11:59pm. A link to the online application will be available here June 1st!
Artwork drop off is one day only: Sunday, June 18th of 2017 from 1:00–4:00 PM at Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S. State Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034. On site registration will still be available on sunday but all applicants are strongly encouraged to use the online process. It will enhance accuracy and facilitate a speedier registration for you!
View Welcome Artists page
The Open Show is one of the largest shows of its kind in the Pacific Northwest. The show displays work from emerging and established artists. Everyone is welcome without a jury process. Each year, a limited number of cash and non-cash awards are presented, which are sponsored by area businesses, organizations, and individuals. Different arts professionals are selected as jurors each year. For info on the 2017 judges, please click here (beginning in May, 2017).
Welcome to the Open Show at the 54th Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts. Please join us in creating a memorable and unique art world for Lake Oswego and the surrounding communities. The Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts Open Show is one of the largest non-juried art exhibitions on the West Coast. Though the Open Show is large, we seek to create intimate art moments that celebrate each unique artist’s vision.
This year we will, again, create micro galleries within the Open Show tent that encourage visitors to pause and experience pieces individually. The Curator will carefully consider placement for each artwork so that every artist’s voice can be heard. The Open Show accepts a maximum of seven works per artist; please adopt an editorial gaze of your work and decide which seven pieces are most representative of your creative process. We look forward to seeing you in June. Thank you!
The show is open to all 2D, 3D, video and sound from established and emerging artists.
- Only original artwork created within the last two (2) years and not previously entered at this art show will be accepted.
- Diptychs, triptychs, and/or sets may be entered and sold with one price. Some examples:
- A set of hand-thrown wine glasses may be entered as one piece with one price.
- A collection of ceramic fruit may be entered and sold as a set.
- Two paintings that depict a garden, which are to be hung together as a diptych, may be entered as one piece with one price.
- Traditional single pieces are always welcome.
- Not accepted: mechanical prints, or giclées, or copies of other artists’ works.
- All 2D entries must be dry, framed, matted (or wrapped canvas) and mounted, hung with PICTURE HANGING WIRE. All glass must be properly secured. (No Uniframes, zigger type or rings, garden wire, or string). Your framing will be checked at registration.
- All entries must provide all technology for viewing/listening and all necessary installation materials. TV screens must stand on pedestals; they cannot be hung from panels. Please contact curator ahead of time for specific installation needs: firstname.lastname@example.org. Because all artworks must be for sale, artists must include a hard copy of their work (DVD, USB, etc) with their submission that can be given to a purchaser.
|Onlone registration||June 1 - June 14, 11:59pm|
|Registration/Art drop off||Sunday, June 18, 2017, 1:00 - 4:00pm CLICK HERE for access to online application
|Festival hours||Friday & Saturday, June 23 & 24, 2017, 10:00am - 9:00pm
Sunday, June 25, 2017, 10:00am - 5:00pm
|Artists Reception||Friday, June 23, 2017, 6:00pm|
|Artwork pickup||Sunday, June 25, 2017, 5:30 - 7:00pm
Monday, June 26, 2017, 11:00am - 1:00pm
All artwork must be for sale. The price shall be at the discretion of the artist, subject to possible review by the curators. A 40 percent commission from all sales will be retained by the Festival. Prices assigned by the artist shall include the Festival commission. All proceeds benefit the Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts, a nonprofit arts education organization.
Registration Requirements NEW THIS YEAR!!!
Artists are expected to submit their artwork applications ONLINE between June 1st and June 14th by 11:59pm. Links to the online applications will be available on this webpage on June 1st. (See above calendar).
Artists must bring all registered artwork to Registration Day at the Lakewood Center for the Arts on June 18th, 2017, between 1pm and 4pm.
- A maximum of seven (7) pieces of artwork can be submitted per artist, which will be displayed, based on the Curator’s discretion, during the Festival until 5:30pm on June 25, 2017.
- Registration fees to cover the number of pieces of artwork being submitted (seven pieces max).
- Registration Fees: $35.00 covers three (3) entries for the run of the show and $10.00 for each piece over the initial three (3) pieces. Payment by CASH or CHECK only is accepted, and artists are HIGHLY encouraged to pay online!
PLEASE NOTE: It is highly recommended that your artwork be transported to registration in a manner that will protect it from the elements. In 2014, there was a major rain event. While we tried to get everyone under cover, many people and some artwork were wet. Protect your work.
Rules of Participation
The Rules of Participation for the Open Show explains just the facts about entering the Open Show.
Carissa Thornton, Curator, Open Show
Phone: 503.636.1060 Email:
Street address: Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S. State Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
Mailing address: Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts, PO Box 385, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
About the Festival of the Arts: The Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts is an arts education event of the Lakewood Center for the Arts, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit arts organization. It is held the weekend after Father's Day each year and attracts 22-25,000 people. Contributions to the Festival are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Our tax ID number is 93-0700108.
Mission Statement: The Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts’ primary goal is to educate by promoting, supporting, coordinating, and exhibiting the arts of the region.
Location/Support: The Festival takes place at the Lakewood Center for the Arts and George Rogers Park, both on State Street in downtown Lake Oswego, Oregon USA. It is sustained by valuable partnerships with the City of Lake Oswego, Clackamas County Tourism and Development Council, the Chamber of Commerce, the Lake Oswego Rotary Club, the Lake Oswego School District, small and large businesses, the "Friends of the Festival," plus more than 500 volunteers who work throughout the year and the weekend to make the Festival the success it is.
Click here for The Rules of Participation for the Open Show
CLICK HERE for the online application valid from June 1-14, 2017
Other 2017 Festival Links