Lakewood Theatre Company
Auditions: The 7 Wonders of Ballyknock, August 25, 2014 - by appointment
Auditions for the world premiere of The 7 Wonders of Ballyknock are by appointment on MONDAY, AUGUST 25, 2014. Call 503-635-3901 to reserve an audition slot.
Location: Lakewood Theatre Company 368 S. State Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034. Call 503-635-3901 to schedule an appointment.
The 7 Wonders of Ballyknock, is directed by Stephanie Mulligan.
The director is seeking two men (ages 20-30) and one women (ages 20-30) to complete the casting for this world premiere play. All ethnicities are encouraged to audition. All roles receive remuneration..
- Please bring a current headshot & resume.
- No prepared monologue is required. Auditions will consist of readings from the script. Callbacks, if needed, will be at the director's discretion.
- Bring your calendar and be prepared to list all conflicts. Conflicts not listed at time of audition may not be honored.
- The Seven Wonders of Ballyknock opens January 9, 2015 and continues through February 15, 2015. Performances are Thurs. – Sat. at 7:30 PM, some Sundays at 7:00 PM, some Sunday matinees at 2:00 PM and two Wednesday performances at 7:30 PM. Lakewood Theatre Company features an intimate 220-seat theatre located at Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S. State Street in Lake Oswego.
ABOUT THE PLAY
The Seven Wonders of Ballyknock, written by Oregonian playwright C.S. Whitcomb, originated at Portland’s Fertile Ground Festival in 2013 as a staged reading. Lakewood’s production, a world premiere, will be its first fully staged production.
The story: When a mysterious, young American woman appears looking for a room, the barman sets out to show her the seven wonders of Ballyknock. As wonders unfold, she discovers the joy in life, finds love and a home.
Breakdown of Roles:
Please note: All ethnicities are encouraged to audition. All roles are open and all receive remuneration.
- Jonty, Irish, male, 30s, larger than life barman, Ireland, 1950s. WWII vet. A life force character. Has charm, wit, humor and heart. And nightmares from the war.
- Cordelia Snowden, 30s. Shy, repressed American. Has a dark, guilty secret. Has never really lived yet. Blossoms into an open, in-love, taking charge of her own life, person.
- Ghost of a WWI soldier, 20s. Sad poet. Doesn't speak, but has a lot of emotional material to cover in the story. Important part.
Note: No children are being seen at this audition.
Auditions for The 7 Wonders of Ballyknock are by appointment. Call 503-635-3901 to schedule an appointment.
Want to receive email alerts about auditions? Click here to sign up for our email list.