Lakewood Theatre Company
Auditions: To Kill A Mockingbird, April 29 & 30, 2017 - by appointment
Lakewood Theatre Company will be having auditions to complete the casting of Harper Lee’s TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD by Christopher Sergel on SATURDAY, APRIL 29, SUNDAY, APRIL 30.
- Saturday adult auditions are from 10:00-1:00 and children from 1:00-4:00 pm.
- Sunday adult auditions 11:00-1:00 and children/adults 1:00-3:00 pm.
- Note: The director is seeking adult and child actors with various age ranges. Performers of all ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to audition. All roles receive remuneration. The role of Atticus has been cast. Other roles remain open. For a breakdown of roles see below.
- Please use our online audition scheduling page to secure an appointment time. If you experience difficulty, call Lakewood Theatre at 503-635-3901.
Location: Lakewood Theatre Company 368 S. State Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034.
To Kill A Mockingbird, is directed by Brenda Hubbard.
Callbacks, if needed, will be Sunday April 30 at 3:30 following the audition call. Please hold this date available.
Lakewood Theatre Company 368 S. State Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034.
- Please submit online your appointment request and submit your resume and headshot at the same time by following the instructions on the audition site.
- Please bring a current hard copy resume and headshot to the audition
- Adult actors should prepare a one minute monologue from a play in the style of To Kill A Mockingbird. The director will only ask those adults called back to read from the script. Adults can either come early to review sides or check out sides or scripts from the office overnight for a nominal fee.
- Child actors will be auditioned in groups of 3 and led in improvisational scenes and read 1 – 2 pages from the script. Those pages will be available for child actors in the Lakewood office for pickup.
- Callbacks will be held at the director's discretion on Sunday, April, 30 at 3:30 pm.
- Conflicts not listed at time of auditions may not be honored.
To Kill A Mockingbird opens opens November 3, 2017 and continues through December 10, 2017. Performances are Thurs. – Sat. at 7:30 PM, some Sundays at 7:00, some Sunday matinees at 2:00 PM and two Wednesday performance 11/15 and 12/6 at 7:30 PM. Lakewood Theatre Company features an intimate 220-seat theatre located at Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S. State Street in Lake Oswego.
To Kill A Mockingbird is Christopher Sergel's adapation of Harper Lee's Pulitzer Prize winning novel focuses on the naive and imaginative world of children amid the poverty and corruption in a small Southern town in 1935. As the children's father, attorney Atticus Finch, strives to do the right thing by defending an African American man unjustly accused of a crime. H ard lessons are learned about the tragic power of racism and the ability of love to overcome hate.
With humor and poignancy the production captures the warmth and suspense of this best-loved classic while examining how those who are oppressed pay the price of such marginalization.
Breakdown of Available Roles:
Please note: All ethnicities are encouraged to audition. The roles listed below are open to complete the casting of the show. The director is seeking male and female actors from age 9 to 70. Special note: suggested age listing is for actors to appear the age noted. All roles receive remuneration. Director will only ask those adults called back to read from the script.
Children will be auditioned in groups of three and be asked to read from the script and improvise a scene. It is not necessary that they prepare a monologue.
Mayella Ewell - poor white trash, should read late teens or early twenties, gritty, small, rough looking, poor and not very bright, should have vulnerability
Bob Ewell - A small, cocky, dangerous, hot headed red neck and drunk, always in trouble with the law- should read 45-65
Miss Stephanie -a townswoman who is a bit of a busy body and gossip, can be any age from 30-60
Tom Robinson - A tall or strong looking black man between the ages of 25-45. Should have a dignity and an earnest and humble nature
Reverend Sykes - Black pastor- kindly, quietly assertive, could be 25-60- just needs to come across like a Christian leader
Judge Taylor/Townperson - An older white man of gravitas and experience.
Boo Radley/Townsperson - gaunt, pale, ghost like, timid, but could be powerful in the right situation.
Scout - 9-13-a plucky little girl, courageous
Jem - 11-14 does the right thing- fantasizes about football and being a hero- can be taller
Dill - 11-14-small, articulate, a brainiac, old for his years
Townsperson/Court Clerk - white male
Townsperson/Black - male or female and a singer
Townsperson/Black - female and a singer
Note: Auditions for To Kill A Mockingbird are by appointment. Please use the online link to secure an appointment. Call 503-635-3901 if you experience a problem.
Want to receive email alerts about Lakewood auditions? Click here to sign up for our email list.