Lakewood Theatre Company Auditions: Oct. 27, 2012 for The Peppermint Bear Show
Holiday Breakfast Theatre 2012 - The Peppermint Bear Show - Who Needs Sneeds?
Auditions are by appointment at 11:00 AM on Saturday Oct. 27, 2012. Call beginning Oct. 2 to register your name at 503-635-3901.
Location: Lakewood Theatre Company 368 S. State Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034.
Holiday Breakfast Theatre - The Peppermint Bear Show will be directed by Michael Snider.
- Prepare a 2-3 minute upbeat song. An accompanist will be provided.
- Actors should be ready to sing, dance and read from the script at the audition.
- Bring your calendar and be prepared to list all conflicts. Parents will be asked to sign agreement forms. Conflicts not listed at time of audition may not be honored.
- The Peppermint Bear show opens Saturday Dec. 1 at 9:00 & 11:00 AM and continues on Saturdays Dec. 8, 15 & 22 at 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM. In addition troupe members will tour on Sundays to nearby Community Centers.
ABOUT THE PLAY
The Peppermint Bear Show: Who Needs Sneeds? - directed and choreographed by Michael Snider, brings a change to our annual holiday magic breakfast theatre offering for young people. This year's program, entitled The Peppermint Bear Show: Who Needs Sneeds? takes place as Santa’s elves, with help from the Peppermint Bear, are rehearsing for their Christmas show when the evil Sneed brothers show up plotting to take Santa’s Christmas gifts before his yearly sleigh ride on Christmas Eve.
The show is appropriate for ages 3-103. The book and lyrics are by Michael Snider with music by Dana Libonati. The Peppermint Bear Show first premiered as Cinnamon Bear Show at Portland’s Lipman’s Department store which then became Frederick and Nelson. It became a popular Holiday tradition for over 25 years in numerous cities like Chicago, New York, Maui and now returns to Portland after a 35 year absence.
The Holiday Breakfast Theatre production has been an annual Lakewood Theatre tradition for 20 years. Audience members enjoy a special holiday continental breakfast 1/2 hour before the show and performers interact with young audience members to help them celebrate the holidays.
Parts needed: 8 boys and 8 girls (ages 14-20). The director, Michael Snider, is seeking young people with self-confidence, good vocal skills and stage presence. Auditioners need to prepare a song and bring a head shot and resume. Parents will be asked to sign agreement forms. Call to schedule your name beginning October 2, 2012 at 503-635-3901. Roles include:
- Mert: Loudmouth, but extremely lovable bossy head-elf. Fancies herself as quite the star.
- Gert: Something of a nemesis to Mert, she is a bit shyer but can hold her own.
- Mort: Overweight, naive and Baby Huey stupid.
- Peppermint Bear: The messenger of love and tenderness. Very huggable.
- Santa: Everything we've always pictured in this big, jolly guy.
- Cecil: Con man. Clearly the less stupid of the two villain brothers.
- Simon: Con man. Not so sharp. A yes man to Cecil.
- Others: Various elves are "me too" characters.
Audition location: Lakewood Theatre Company at Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S. State Street in Lake Oswego.
Tentative Rehearsal Schedule: The schedule will include Saturdays and Sundays October 28 - November 18 followed by 2 weeks of daily rehearsals (except Thanksgiving) leading up to the first performances Dec. 1.
Performance Schedule: Saturday mornings at 9 & 11:00 AM at Lakewood Center, Dec. 1, 8, 15 & 22, 2012. There may also be some touring shows on Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
Auditions are by appointment at 11:00 AM on Saturday Oct. 27, 2012. Call to register your name beginning Oct. 2 at 503-635-3901.