Lakewood Theatre Company
Auditions: She Loves Me, July 19-20, 2014 - by appointment
Auditions for the musical She Loves Me are by appointment on SATURDAY, JULY 19, & SUNDAY, JULY 20, 2014. Call 503-635-3901 to reserve an audition slot.
Location: Lakewood Theatre Company 368 S. State Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034. Call 503-635-3901 to schedule an appointment.
She Loves Me, is directed by Tobias Andersen. The musical director is Jon Quesenberry.
The director is casting 17 parts (ages 20s-60s). These include 9 featured characters (7 male and 2 females 20s - 60s) plus an ensemble of 8 (4 men and 4 women ages 20-40) who play various roles, sing, dance and one man/woman couple must be able to tango! All ethnicities are encouraged to audition. All roles are open for audition and all receive remuneration.
- Please bring a current headshot & resume.
- No prepared monologue is required, although you may be asked to read from the script. Please prepare 32 bars of a Broadway song in the correct key for your voice (no contemporary, pop, rock, Andrew Lloyd Webber or Sondheim). An accompanist will be provided. Please note: you may be asked to sing from the score at the audition. Callbacks, if needed, will be at the director's discretion.
- Bring your calendar and be prepared to list all conflicts. Conflicts not listed at time of audition may not be honored.
- She Loves Me opens November 7, 2014 and continues through December 21, 2014. Performances are Thurs-Sat at 7:30 PM, Sundays at 2:00 and 7:00 PM, one Saturday at 2:00 PM and two Wednesday evening performances at 7:30 PM. Lakewood Theatre Company features an intimate 220-seat theatre located at Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S. State Street in Lake Oswego.
ABOUT THE PLAY
She Loves Me
Book by Joe Masteroff
Music by Jerry Bock, Lyrics by Sheldon Harnick
Based on a play by Miklos Laszio
Directed by Tobias Andersen
Georg and Amalia are clerks in a European parfumerie during the 1930s who secretly find solace in their anonymous, romantic pen pals, little knowing their correspondents are each other. She Loves Me is a musical with an endearing innocence and a touch of old world elegance and nostalgia, yet as relevant as ever in the age of internet romances.
Breakdown of Roles:
Please note: All ethnicities are encouraged to audition. All roles are open and all receive remuneration.
- Amalia Balish (Strong Soprano, 20-30s) Attractive, personable, shy. A little too sharp for her own good.
- Georg Nowack (Baritone, 30s) Good looking, soft-spoken, well-read, personable, strong.
- Ilona Ritter (Mezzo, late 30s) A clerk who is experienced in both life and men. Peppy but weary. Makes a resolve not to be a man's puppet anymore.
- Steven Kodaly (Tenor/Baritone, dance 30-40s) Handsome but slick and shallow - a womanizer.
- Ladislav Sipos (Baritone, 35-45) Agreeable but dull man. Browbeaten.
- Arpad Laszlo (Tenor, 18-26) Bright young delivery boy. Hopes to one day own the Parfumerie.
- Maraczek (Baritone, 45-60) Owner of the parfumerie, a stubborn perfectionist.
- Waiter (Tenor, 20-40) Bent on keeping his establishment romantic
- Mr. Keller – (cameo) Private investigator
- Small chorus of customers and cafe patrons. 4 men 4 women (20-40). Two able to tango.
Note: No children are being seen at this audition.
Auditions for She Loves Me are by appointment. Call 503-635-3901 to schedule an appointment.
Want to receive email alerts about auditions? Click here to sign up for our email list.