Lakewood Theatre Company
Auditions: The Mousetrap, October 7 & 8, 2013 - by appointment
Auditions for the comedy The Mousetrap are by appointment on Monday, October 7 & Tueday October 8, 2013. Audition signup begins September 9, 2013.
Location: Lakewood Theatre Company 368 S. State Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034. Call 503-635-3901 beginning September 9, 2013 to schedule an appointment.
The Mousetrap, written by Agatha Christie, is directed by Tyson Stephenson.
The director is seeking 5 men (20s-60s) and 3 women (ages 20-60s). Performers of all ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to audition. All roles receive remuneration.
- Please bring a current headshot & resume.
- No prepared monologue is required. Audition will consist of readings from the script. Callbacks, if needed, will be at the director's discretion.
- Bring your calendar and be prepared to list all conflicts. Conflicts not listed at time of audition may not be honored.
- The Mousetrap opens January 10, 2014 and continues through February 16, 2014. Performances are Thurs. – Sat. at 7:30 PM, some Sundays at 7:00 PM, some Sunday matinees at 2:00 PM and two Wednesday performances at 7:30 PM. Lakewood Theatre Company features an intimate 220-seat theatre located at Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S. State Street in Lake Oswego.
ABOUT THE PLAY
The Mousetrap opened in the West End of London in 1952, and has been running continuously since with over 25,000 performances. It is the longest running show (of any type) of the modern era. Written by the famous Agatha Christie, this murder mystery will have you guessing throughout and is known for its twist ending, which the audiences are traditionally asked not to reveal after leaving the theatre.
The story: At Monkswell Manor, news on the radio reports that a murder has recently taken place in London. Mollie and Giles Ralston, the young owners of the once-regal estate recently converted into a guesthouse, hardly notice the news. They are far too busy preparing for the arrival of their first guests and concerned that the heavy snowfalls may prevent the guests reaching their destination. As the guests arrive safely and the Manor becomes snowed in, a policeman arrives on skis suspecting that one of the seven occupants may be the killer. After a second murder occurs in the Manor, Sergeant Trotter is convinced.
Suspects include the young married couple, a spinster with a curious background, an architect who seems better equipped to be a chef, a retired army major, an unexpected visitor who claims his car has run into a snowdrift and a jurist who makes life miserable for everyone. During his interrogation, Sergeant Trotter uncovers the many mysterious secrets of everyone present, as he tries to solve the murder in true Christie style.
Breakdown of Roles:
Standard British required for all actors except Paravicini. Character descriptions: ages listed are playable ages, not actual ages. All roles are open and all receive remuneration.
- Mollie Ralston: (mid 20s-30s) Recently married to Giles. Together they have started a guesthouse. She is determined to take the very best care of her guests, she is obviously in over her head.
- Giles Ralston: (mid 20s-30s) An arrogant, attractive man married to Mollie. Fiercely protective of her but prone to jealousy.
- Christopher Wren: (mid 20s-30s). A wild-looking neurotic young man with an appreciation for fine furniture.
- Mrs. Boyle: (40s-60s). A mature and imposing woman in a bad temper.
- Major Metcalf: (40-55). A middle-aged, square-shouldered man military in manner and bearing.
- Miss Casewell: (20s-30s). A strange, aloof woman who is masculine in appearance and voice.
- Mr. Paravicini: (40+). A continental gentlemen, probably Italian with a small flamboyant mustache. Roguish, charming and very mysterious.
- Detective Sergeant Trotter: (20s-30s). A professional and determined young detective from Scotland Yard. He is meticulous as well as courteous in his investigation.
Auditions by appointment on Monday, October 7 & Tuesday, October 8, 2013. Call 503-635-3901 to schedule an appointment. Audition signup begins September 9, 2013.
Want to receive email alerts about auditions? Click here to sign up for our email list.