Lakewood Theatre Company
Auditions: Unnecessary Farce, April 4 & April 6, 2015 - by appointment
Auditions for Patrick Slade Smith's Unnecessary Farce, a fast-paced, door-slamming hilariously irreverent comedy are by appointment on Saturday, April 4 & Monday April 6, 2015.
Location: Lakewood Theatre Company 368 S. State Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034. Call 503-635-3901 to schedule an appointment.
Unnecessary Farce is directed by Michael Snider.
The director is seeking seven actors. Needed: 3 women (20s-70s) and 4 men (ages 20-60s). Performers of all ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to audition. All roles receive remuneration.
- Please bring a current headshot & resume.
- No prepared monologue is required. Auditions will consist of readings from the script. Callbacks, if needed, will be at the director's discretion.
- Bring your calendar and be prepared to list all conflicts. Conflicts not listed at time of audition may not be honored.
- Unnecessary Farce opens July 10, 2015 and continues through August 16, 2015. Performances are Thurs. – Sat. at 7:30 PM, some Sundays at 7:00 PM, some Sunday matinees at 2:00 PM and two Wednesday performances at 7:30 PM. Lakewood Theatre Company features an intimate 220-seat theatre located at Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S. State Street in Lake Oswego.
About the show: Two cops. Three crooks. Eight doors. Go. It’s the perfect setup for a laugh-filled evening at the theatre. In a cheap motel room, an embezzling mayor is supposed to meet with his female accountant, while in the room next door, two undercover cops wait to catch the meeting on videotape. But there's some confusion as to who's in which room, who's being videotaped, who's taken the money, who's hired a hit man, and why the accountant can't seem to keep her clothes on.In this side-splitting escapade, playwright Paul Slade Smith has reinvented the in-one-door innuendo, and out-the-other-door comic shtick. A zany Portland area premiere that will leave you howling with laughter.
Breakdown of Roles:
Please note: All roles are open and all receive remuneration.
- ERIC SHERIDAN (Male, 30s) - a police officer. Bookish, even-keeled guy who finds himself completely out of his element when called upon to express his feelings for a woman, lie to his boss, disguise himself as someone else, and stand up to an armed mobster - while not wearing any pants.
- BILLIE DWYER (Female, 20s/30s) - a police officer, Eric's partner. Excitable and entirely un-threatening, she seemingly lacks every skill necessary for police work, but is as eager to succeed as she seems destined to fail.
- KAREN BROWN (Female, 30s) - an accountant, who has always taken pride in her accountant-like, professional demeanor....until this morning, when she finds herself filled with a sexual hunger, and unable to keep things in.
- MAYOR MEEKLY (Male, 40s-70s) - an Innocent, with a capital I. An affable, gentle fellow. Not too quick on the pick-up, but a sweet, sweet soul.
- AGENT FRANK (Male, 20s - 50s) - the head of Security at Town Hall, and frankly, the wrong man for the job. Though he presents the confident, gruff exterior of a secret service agent (or film noir detective, even), he is frequently (and, at moments of crisis, invariably) a man frightened by his own shadow.
- TODD (Male, 20s-50s) - speaks with a pronounced Scottish accent. A professional hitman. Cool, quiet, and perceptive when at his best, but more frequently an angry Scotsman - and the angrier he becomes, the thicker his accent gets, until he is entirely indecipherable.
- MARY MEEKLY (Female, 40s-70s) - the Mayor's wife. Small in stature and unfailingly sweet, she seems, in every way, the perfect match for her husband.
Auditions for Unnecessary Farce are by appointment on Saturday, April 4 & Monday April 6, 2015. Call 503-635-3901 to schedule an appointment.
Want to receive email alerts about auditions? Click here to sign up for our email list.