Lakewood Theatre Company
Auditions: Young Frankenstein, April 27-29, 2014 - by appointment
Auditions for the new Mel BrooksI musical Young Frankenstein are by appointment on SUNDAY, APRIL 27, MONDAY, APRIL 28, 2014 and dance auditions on TUESDAY, APRIL 29, 2014. Not everyone who auditions will be required to attend dance audition. Call 503-635-3901 to reserve an audition slot.
Location: Lakewood Theatre Company 368 S. State Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034. Call 503-635-3901 to schedule an appointment.
Young Frankenstein, is directed by Michael Snider. Choreography is by Michael Snider and Terry Brock. The musical director is Sydney Lehman.
The director is casting 22 parts (ages 20s-60s). These include 10 featured characters (7 male and 3 females 20s - 60s) plus an ensemble of 12 (6 men and 6 women ages 20-40) who play various roles, sing, dance and tap. All ethnicities are encouraged to audition. All roles are open for audition and all receive remuneration.
Dance auditions will be held on Tuesday, April 28 at 7:00 PM. Tap experience is required for all the dance ensemble and some featured roles. Tap shoes REQUIRED for those auditioning.
- Please bring a current headshot & resume.
- No prepared monologue is required. Please prepare 32 bars of a Broadway song in the correct key for your voice (no contemporary, pop, rock, Andrew Lloyd Webber or Sondheim). An accompanist will be provided. Please note: you may be asked to sing from the score at the audition. Callbacks, if needed, will be at the director's discretion.
- Bring your calendar and be prepared to list all conflicts. Conflicts not listed at time of audition may not be honored.
- Young Frankenstein opens September 12, 2014 and continues through October 19, 2014. Performances are Thurs-Sat at 7:30 PM, Sundays at 2:00 and 7:00 PM, one Saturday at 2:00 PM and two Wednesday evening performances at 7:30 PM. Lakewood Theatre Company features an intimate 220-seat theatre located at Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S. State Street in Lake Oswego.
ABOUT THE PLAY
IT'S ALIVE! From Mel Brooks and the creators of the record-breaking Broadway sensation THE PRODUCERS comes this monster new musical comedy. Young Frankenstein features a book by Mel Brooks and Thomas Meehan and music and lyrics by Brooks. It is based on the 1974 comedy film of the same name written by Brooks and Gene Wilder and directed by Brooks, who has described it as his best film.
With such memorable tunes as "The Transylvania Mania," "He Vas My Boyfriend" and "Puttin' On The Ritz," YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN is scientifically-proven, monstrously good entertainment…and the only place you'll witness a singing and dancing laboratory experiment in the largest tuxedo ever made.
Breakdown of Roles:
Please note: All ethnicities are encouraged to audition. All roles are open and all receive remuneration.
- DR. FREDERICK FRANKENSTEIN, The eccentric grandson of an infamous mad scientist. He is the Dean of Anatomy at New York's best university. Male, 30-45 yrs old Range: Bb2 - G4
- THE MONSTER , The large, misunderstood creation of Frederick. A hopeless romantic. Male, 30-40 yrs old Range: D3 - Bb4
- IGOR, Frederick's faithful, bright-eyed, eager servant. Male, 30-45 yrs old Range: C3 - G4
- INGA , The not-so-bright assistant to Frederick. Young and sexy. Female, 20-30 yrs old Range: G#3 - A5
- ELIZABETH BENNING , Self-loving, naive, boisterous fiancee of Frederick. Female, 30-40 yrs old Range: F#3 - F5
- FRAU BLEUCHER, The proud housekeeper of the Frankenstein estate. Intense and stern. Female, 50-65 yrs old Range: E3 - B4
- INSPECTOR HANS KEMP, The justice-driven, protective, steadfast town inspector. Male, 40-50 yrs old Range: A2 - F4
- THE HERMIT , The lonely, poor, blind town hermit. Male, 35-55 yrs old Range: A2 - Db4
- DR. VICTOR VON FRANKENSTEIN , Frederick's infamous grandfather and creator of the original monster. A proud and stubborn man. Male, 55-65 yrs old Range: B2 - F4
- ZIGGY, The well-intentioned village idiot. Male, 20-35 yrs old Range: B3 - E4
- ENSEMBLE; GRAVEDIGGERS; VILLAGERS; MEDICAL STUDENTS; MAD SCIENTISTS
Note: No children are being seen at this audition.
Auditions for Young Frankenstein are by appointment. Call 503-635-3901 to schedule an appointment.
Want to receive email alerts about auditions? Click here to sign up for our email list.