Lakewood Theatre Company
Auditions: Fall Musical-2017 Sunday, May 7 & Monday, 8, 2017 - by appointment
Lakewood Theatre Company will be having open auditions by appointment for its fall musical set in Berlin in the 1930s. We are unable to release the title immediately due to royalty restrictions. Auditions will be on SUNDAY, MAY 7, MONDAY, MAY 8, 2017.
- All roles receive remuneration. For a breakdown of roles see below.
- Te director is seeking all ethnicities, sizes, ages and voice types. ALL MUST sing.
- Please use our online audition scheduling page to secure an appointment time. If you experience difficulty, call Lakewood Theatre at 503-635-3901.
The unamed musical is directed by Ron Daum, The choreographer is Laura Hiszczynskyj and the music director is Beth Noelle.
Callbacks, if needed, will be at the director's discretion.
Lakewood Theatre Company 368 S. State Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034.
- Please submit online your appointment request and submit your resume and headshot at the same time by following the instructions on the audition site.
- Please bring a current hard copy resume and headshot to the audition
- Prepare to sing a Golden Age Broadway song (1940-60s) or a popular 1920s or 1930s song (but bring 2, an up tempo and ballad, in case you are asked for a song in an alternate style). Please no contemporary music (nothing in the past 30 years or Sondheim, ALW, Les Miz, Rent, Rocky Horror, Wicked, Mamma Mia etc. Have the songs memorized so that you don't need to look at the lyrics. Music should be in the key you present to our accompanist (pianist) No prerecorded music or a cappella singing. You may be asked to cold read or sing from the score at the audition.
- Callbacks will be held at the director's discretion.
- List all conflicts between August 1 – October 15. Conflicts not listed at time of auditions may not be honored.
This unnamed musical opens September 8, 2017 and continues through October 15, 2017. Performances are Thurs-Sat at 7:30 PM, Sundays at 2:00 and 7:00 PM, one Saturday at 2:00 PM and two Wednesday evening performances at 7:30 PM. Lakewood Theatre Company features an intimate 220-seat theatre located at Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S. State Street in Lake Oswego.
The unamed musical was the winner of Tony Awards including Best Musical and again as Best Revival of a Musical (2 times). It was adapted into a major motion picture.
Breakdown of Available Roles:
Please note: All ethnicities are encouraged to audition. The roles listed below are open to complete the casting of the show. Special note: suggested age listing is for actors to appear the age noted. All roles receive remuneration. Director will only ask those adults called back to read from the script.
Writer (M) 25-40 American (Pennsylvania) novelist Actor with some singing (Baritone) Story's narrator
Club Singer (F) 25-40 Actress (English accent) that sings (mezzo belt mix) and moves well
Prostitute (F) 25-40s not refined, Actress and some character singing
Smuggler (M) 25-40 charming. Actor and some character singing
Club Master of Ceremonies (M) 30s-50s consummate vaudevillian with great command should move and sing very well (Tenor w/ patter capability)
5 Ensemble Women 20s to 40s (club performers, dancers, etc.) should move very well and sing,
5 Ensemble Men 20s to 40s (waiters, club performers, sailors etc.) should sing very well and move
3 young boys around the age of 12 no dialog singing a plus (Supers)
All roles require some sort of a German accent (except as specified in breakdown) Especially looking for actors that can evoke the feel of the period (1929-32) and locale Berlin, Germany
Callbacks: Will be at the Director's discretion
Please use our online audition scheduling page to secure an appointment time. If you experience difficulty, call Lakewood Theatre at 503-635-3901.
Want to receive email alerts about auditions? Click here to sign up for our email list.