2007 OTAS Awards
Lakewood Center for the Arts held its annual meeting and Oregon Theatrical Awards Society (OTAS) presentation to celebrate the closing of its 54th season of plays.
On Saturday, June 30, 2007, Lakewood Theatre Company/Lakewood Center for the Arts held its annual meeting and OTAS (Oregon Theatrical Awards Society) presentation at the Lakewood Center to celebrate the closing of its 54th season of plays. Emcee for the evening was Bill Warner, Past President of the Lakewood Theatre Company/Lakewood Center for the Arts.
Artists recognized during the evening included:
- Best Actress - Musical - Renee Cleland as Sarah in Ragtime: The Musical
- Best Actor - Musical - D. William Hughes as Coalhouse in Ragtime: The Musical
- Best Support Actress - Musical - Courtney Freed as Ado Annie in Oklahoma!
- Best Support Actor-Musical - Colin Wood as Jud Fry in Oklahoma!
- Best Actress - Play - Trisha Todd as Titania Hippolyta in A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Best Actor - Play - Jay Horenstein in A Tuna Christmas
- Best Support Actress - Play Melissa Whitney as Helena in A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Best Support Actor - Play - Don Stewart Burns as Chater in Arcadia
- Choreographer - Dan Murphy For Oklahoma!
- Musical Direction - Alan D. Lytle, Ragtime: The Musical
- Costume Design - Margaret Chapman, Ragtime: The Musical
- Best Set Design - Chris Whitten, Ragtime: The Musical
- Best Light Design - Kurt Herman, Ragtime: The Musical
- Best Director Musical - Greg Tamblyn, Ragtime: The Musical
- Best Director Play - Bill Dobson, A Tuna Christmas
Judges' Award -
Alan Anderson, Where's Charley?
Jim Crino, Oklahoma!
- Board Award - Todd Van Voris, Arcadia
- Best Musical - Oklahoma!
- Best Play - A Tuna Christmas
A special recognition award was presented to Dee Denton for her 32 years of meritorious service to Lakewood. In addition, Dee was unaimously elected by the Board to serve as continuing Honorary Director for Lakewood in future years. Retiring board members also receiving recognition for their service included Kim Stoutt and Patti Kaser.
President Rocky Johnson also recognized and thanked board members Fred Breuer and Bill Warner for their help in raising funds and supervising the renovation of the new entryway deck.
In official business, the non-profit organization elected Mark Birge as President and Jerrry Koll as Treasurer for a one-year term. Members elected to serve three-year board terms were: Fred Breuer, Kathy Bussman, Cyndie Glazer, Malcolm Mathes, Rob Fallow and Linda Brown. Mary Goss, as President of Lakewood Center Associates for 2007-08, was elected for a one-year board term.
Three Scholarship recipients receive $2,500 each in scholar awards for further study in performing arts. Pictured: Elizabeth L. Farrell, Rocky Johnson (President of Lakewood 2006-07) and Ellie Ewer. Not pictured, Marissa Ryder.