Scholarship for Graduating Senior
Performing Arts Scholarship opportunity for graduating seniors
Dear Students, Parents, Teachers, and Counselors:
The Lakewood Theatre Company annual Performing Arts Scholarship Fund will be awarding scholarship monies again this year to graduates from Lake Oswego, Lakeridge and West Linn High Schools.
The awards will be made to applicants who plan to major in any area of the performing arts. We would like to especially encourage those who are interested in the technical aspects (ie. Sound lighting, direction and choreography) as well as performers to apply.
Please read the ELIGIBILITY information as listed below.
The awards are made on the basis of merit from applications received. All formal applications are reviewed and then an interview with the panel of judges is scheduled for April 2, 2012.
Applications are available in the High School Counseling Offices and also from Mrs. Kay Vega, 503-635-3901 at Lakewood Center, 368 S. State Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034.
Deadline: Return completed applications by Friday, March 16, 2012.
For further information, please feel free to contact Mrs. Vega at 503-635-3901
Lakewood Theatre Company
The applicant must submit the following materials to be eligible for a scholarship.
- A completed application form (To request a form, contact Kay Vega, Lakewood Theatre Company.)
- An official High School transcript
- A brief (max 2 pages typed) essay describing past courses of study, intended areas of study at the post-secondary institution/college/university, and the reasons the applicant wants to continue on to higher education. The applicant will include past courses of study and influenced future goals, and nay involvement with Lakewood Theatre Company.
- Participate in a structured interview.
Only applicants with a complete application package, submitted to the Lakewood Theatre Company by MARCH 16, 2012, will be considered.
Selection based on:
- the responses on the application form
- the quality of the essay
- the quality oof the responses in the interview
- the strength of the recommendations